Saturday, April 21, 2012

Vintage cane chairs get a makeover!

Yikes. Another 3 weeks have gone by since my last post! But these three weeks have been eventful. More to come on all that. Right now, I just have to give you a glimpse of my latest project! It's been a big one. Multiple trips to Home Depot (sometimes in a day). Lots of elbow grease (and hopefully more defined arms!!) And even some casualties. Like our deck. And a lawn chair. But it's been worth it! 
Untitled 16

I found these chairs (which came with an amazing octogon side table) at a little, hole-in-the-wall garage shop off the side of the highway. All three pieces were in pretty stinky condition. But with a price tag of $50 for the set, I couldn't resist.

It's been a labor of love. But I'm on the home stretch now. All I need to do is decide on fabric and have these beauties recovered. Of course, making a decision on fabric could take me months. I've already gone back and forth. And back and forth.
Untitled 15

Help! All suggestions are welcome!
At the moment I'm leaning towards keeping them light and neutral.
Like these.

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...